You can’t grow new teeth – not yet, anyway, although scientists are working on it. But you can get dental implants, which are the next best thing. Once embedded in your jaw, implants function like tooth roots. They stimulate your jaw just like roots do, which keeps you from suffering bone loss. Your face stays fuller and looks younger.
Implants offer other advantages, too:
- Convenient care. You won’t need messy adhesives to keep your implants in place or special solutions to clean them. In most cases, you care for them by simply brushing and flossing.
- Stability. Your jawbone attaches to implants and grows around them in a process called osseointegration. Once that happens, they aren’t going anywhere. You won’t have to worry about implants moving or shifting.
- Versatile. You can use implants to replace anywhere from a single tooth to a whole mouthful of teeth.
- Long lasting. Made of durable titanium, implants are highly biocompatible. This means they’re especially well suited for use in the human body and should last a lifetime.
Interested in implant dentistry? Call our McAllen, TX dentist office at (956) 232-8029.
Our Implant Dentist Does It All
Unlike some dentists, Dr. Kenneth Baker both places and restores implants. So your entire dental implant procedure can be performed in one place, by one dentist. He uses 3D imaging to determine if you’re a good candidate for implants and to find the best possible location for placement. If you lack the required bone density, possible options are:
- A bone graft or other oral surgery procedure to strengthen your jaw, which Dr. Baker can perform in our McAllen, TX dentist office.
- Mini dental implants, which can often be used in situations where full-size implants won’t work.
Thanks to his advanced training, Dr. Baker can attach a full arch of replacement teeth to as few as four implants in a procedure called All-on-4®. It’s even possible to get implants immediately after a tooth extraction.
Replace One Tooth or Many Teeth With Implants
Because Dr. Baker can attach different dental restorations to implants, they can be used to replace any number of teeth. Your options include:
- Dental implants with a crown. A dental crown attached to an implant is a great replacement for a single tooth.
- Dental implants with a bridge. To replace several missing teeth, you can use a dental bridge attached to implants.
- Full-mouth dental implants. To replace a full mouth of teeth, you have several options for attaching dentures to implants. With some of them, you can even get your implants and replacement teeth during a single appointment.
The sheer number of dental implants options can seem overwhelming. Let Dr. Baker help you determine which one will work best for your smile. To see which dental implants are right for you, call Kenneth W. Baker, DDS and Associates at (956) 232-8029. Or make an appointment using our online form.